Hi Venkatesh,

On 10/10/2012 10:18 AM, Venkatesh Channal wrote:
Hi,

I executed the sparql query provided by Pablo on http://live.dbpedia.org/sparql endpoint to fetch the song name, artist and length information.

Select distinct * where { ?song <http://purl.org/dc/terms/subject> <http://dbpedia.org/resource/Category:Hindi_songs> . ?song rdf:type <http://dbpedia.org/ontology/Song> . ?song <http://dbpedia.org/ontology/artist> ?artist . ?song <http://dbpedia.org/ontology/runtime> ?runtime . } limit 100

The query executed but the information that is available is not matching with the information in Wikipedia.

As an example,

One of the returned triples is after executing the :

http://dbpedia.org/resource/Piyu_Bole http://dbpedia.org/resource/Shantanu_Moitra 266.0

I then did a describe on the subject returned

Describe <http://dbpedia.org/resource/Piyu_Bole>

Actually the resource you mentioned just redirects to another resource, specifically "http://dbpedia.org/resource/Parineeta_(2005_film)", which is a movie.

Regarding runtime, the runtime is in seconds.
So if we consider resource "http://dbpedia.org/resource/Chaiyya_Chaiyya"; as an example, and its corresponding Wikipedia page "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaiyya_Chaiyya";, you will find that in the Wikipedia article that its length is "6:48", which is equivalent to 408 seconds.

I was expecting to find the singer information, album information, producer, movie director other song and album related information.

If you want to get more information you should just extend that query, e.g. the following one will give you the producer information as well:

   Select ?song ?artist ?runtime ?producer ?prodInfo where { ?song
   dcterms:subject <http://dbpedia.org/resource/Category:Hindi_songs> .
   ?song rdf:type dbpedia-owl:Song . ?song dbpedia-owl:artist ?artist .
   ?song dbpedia-owl:runtime ?runtime. ?song dbpedia-owl:producer
   ?producer. ?producer ?prod ?prodInfo } limit 1000

The corresponding wikipedia link is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piyu_Bole

Here for the song Piyu Bole the information is:

No.     Title   Singer(s)       Length
1. "Piyu Bole <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piyu_Bole>" Sonu Nigam <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonu_Nigam>, Shreya Ghoshal <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shreya_Ghoshal> 4:21

Album/Movie information in which the song is present is:

Directed by     Pradeep Sarkar <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pradeep_Sarkar>
Produced by Vidhu Vinod Chopra <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vidhu_Vinod_Chopra>
Screenplay by   Vidhu Vinod Chopra
Pradeep Sarkar
Story by        Vidhu Vinod Chopra
Pradeep Sarkar
Starring        Vidya Balan <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vidya_Balan>
Sanjay Dutt <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanjay_Dutt>
Saif Ali Khan <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saif_Ali_Khan>
Raima Sen <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raima_Sen>
Diya Mirza <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diya_Mirza>
Music by        Shantanu Moitra <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shantanu_Moitra>
Cinematography Natarajan Subramaniam <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natarajan_Subramaniam>
Editing by      Hemanti Sarkar
Nitish Sharma
Distributed by Vinod Chopra Productions <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinod_Chopra_Productions>
Release date(s)

  * June 10, 2005

Running time    131 minutes
Country         India
Language        Hindi <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindi_language>
Budget INR25 crore <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crore> (US$ <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_dollar>4.73 million)^[1] <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piyu_Bole#cite_note-ref1-0> Box office INR32.35 crore <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crore> (US$ <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_dollar>6.11 million)

Information that is different: Producer, Artist name is different in the DBPedia result and Wikipedia.

For Artist I expect the information available in the song infobox of wikipedia. Is it because the dump that is used for dbpedia may not be the latest?

Thanks and regards,
Venkatesh

Hope that helps.

--