On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 12:23 PM, Julien Cojan <julien.co...@inria.fr>wrote:

> Ok, it is hard to discuss about results on changing data.
>
> There there is a mess about this example
> Piyu_Bole<http://dbpedia.org/resource/Piyu_Bole>because it was the page of a
> song :
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Piyu_Bole&direction=prev&oldid=503695506
> then it was redirected to a film :
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Piyu_Bole&redirect=no

Which is why you can never really infer anything about what a redirect
means on Wikipedia, because it basically means whatever the Wikipedians
want it to mean.  Sometimes it connects equivalent topics, but often, as in
this case, it simply represents something that wasn't "notable" enough to
have its own page and the redirect goes to something that discusses
multiple topics: a film, the soundtrack for the film, the tracks on the
soundtrack for the film, etc.

Tom