Hi Roland,
Thanks for looking into this. We do need more people doing quality checks.
I wouldn't say that the overlap in infobox fields proves that they are
equivalent. It only shows evidence that they are related. In this
particular case, isn't writer a subproperty of author? Authors of songs
could be writers, composers, etc.? But authors of (textual) books are
writers?

I do not know the best way to handle this (Jona?), because I imagine that
before merging two properties in the ontology we need to make sure that all
infobox fields in all languages will still make sense after the merge.
Perhaps we need to flag every affected mapping (via discussion page?) &
alert the chapters to the change, which then need to give an ok at the
discussion page? Any better ideas?

Also, in this particular case it may be safer to "merge up" from the more
specific to the more generic, at the cost of losing information
(specificity).

Cheers
Pablo