Hi Julien,

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 5:55 PM, Julien Cojan <julien.co...@inria.fr> wrote:

> Hi Dimitris,
>
> ------------------------------

I also discovered this recently ;)

>  I see your point here but this information is already extracted witth the
> reverse property in the first case
> isn't the second triple reduntant?
>
> It would ease the navigation.
> As I see from rdf:type relation, redundancy doen't seem to be a problem.

I can see that is would be helpfull but it is not supported by the
framework yet

> BTW, I dont know if we can extract a triple this way...
> The ConstantMapping could be an option but I don't think it's supported
> as-is
>
> Best,
> Dimitris
>
> I have another concern about what class to use.
> There is an "Award" class, but it is used for things lie "Nobel Price", .
> That's different than an award given to somebody, does it make sense to
> introduce a "GivenAward" class ?
>
> There similar problem with event, like "The_Championships,_Wimbledon" vs
> "2012_Wimbledon_Championships" ...

I think that the DBpedia ontology cannot model property this type of
relations.
Since the framework supports producing intermediate nodes we could create
new classes that provide this type of functionality
i.e. someone is given an award for 2012 or Obama was President of US from
XXXX to YYYY

This needs some extra effort though, because besides the ontology modelling
the mappings have to change as well

For this case  a greedy approach would be to create an "instance" (or
similar naming) superclass and make an Awarded subclass.
Anyway maybe this needs more thought/discussion... Anyone else?

Best,
Dimitris

--
Kontokostas Dimitris