Hi Andrea,

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 7:08 PM, Andrea Di Menna <ninn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have questions regarding group of infoboxes/templates which are designed
> to be used together to provide additional data for a resource.
>
> Specifically, I have been checking the Infobox "Template:Starbox begin"
> [1] (and the other templates in the same "group").
> This template should be used in conjuction with other templates to add
> properties to articles which refer to stars.
>
> If I check which pages link to that template I see that there are hundreds
> [2], while in the mappings page it seems to occur only in one article [3]
> [3b]
>
> One of the articles which actually uses that template in Wikipedia is
> Algol (dbpedia: [4], wikipedia: [5]).
> As you can see it used the "Template:Starbox begin" when the dbpedia
> extraction was run (from what I can see in the old revision).
> But on dbpedia, Algol is not using "Template:Starbox begin", moreover it
> has a dbpedia-owl:Writer rdf:type since there is a Infobox_writer in the
> article.
>
> My questions are:
> 1) are the "Template:Starbox begin" occurrences correct in the mappings
> statistics page?

There is a minPropertyCount limit in the statistics to reduce general
purpose templates and it is set to '2'. Starbox_begin template has only one
label property and that is why it is miscalculated.
There must be one wrong instance with two properties defined that's why you
see only one.

> 2) what is the approach used by the dbpedia extraction framework in case
> different infoboxes are present in a wiki article?

This is a known problem but the framework doesn't handle this type of
information.
Whenever there is a mapping the framework expects a class definition and it
either assigns it in the article resource or in a new "intermediate"
resource ( in the case of multiple defined mappings )

> 3) how to deal with group of templates which provide properties for the
> same resource?

To solve this I think we should add a "noMapToClass" property in the
templateMapping and whenever the framework reads that definition it just
adds the mapping output directly to the main resource without rdf:type info
Would you like to help in this regard? We could of course help you and
provide you with repo access

> Thanks
> Andrea
>
> [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Starbox_begin