On 6/27/14 1:49 PM, A Shruti wrote:
Thanks to all on their comments and info. I wanted to follow up on Rumi's comment: "http://live.dbpedia.org/sparql is currently pointing to http://dbedia-live.openlinksw.com/sparql so contain the same data. This data is updated regularly with the latest changes from Wikipedia itself."

If the 2 end points for live data contain the same data then how come the query in my first email return such varying result (one returns a count of ~ 3 million while the other returns a count of ~63 million)?

Based on Juan's comment about, I also tried querying for a smaller subset and see different results here as well. The query I used is:

PREFIX  dbo:  <http://dbpedia.org/ontology/>
PREFIX  rdf:  <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#>
PREFIX  dbpprop: <http://dbpedia.org/property/>

PREFIX  dbo:  <http://dbpedia.org/ontology/>
PREFIX  rdf:  <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#>
PREFIX  dbpprop: <http://dbpedia.org/property/>

SELECT  ?wikiPageID count(*)
FROM <http://dbpedia.org>
WHERE
  { ?person rdf:type dbo:Person .
    ?person dbpprop:name ?name .
    ?person dbo:birthDate ?birthDate .
    ?person dbo:abstract ?abstract .
    ?person dbo:wikiPageID ?wikiPageID .
    ?person dbo:wikiPageRevisionID ?wikiPageRevisionID
    OPTIONAL
      { ?person dbo:wikiPageModified ?wikiPageModified }
    OPTIONAL
      { ?person dbo:wikiPageExtracted ?wikiPageExtracted }
    FILTER langMatches(lang(?abstract), "en")
    FILTER (?wikiPageID = 365352 || ?wikiPageID = 39972083)
  }
GROUP BY ?wikiPageID

On http://live.dbpedia.org/sparql it shows:
wikiPageID        callret-1