Hello everyone! I have three questions/requests, hopefully they will be easy
ones to answer/implement.

First, I would like to run an automated, periodic SPARQL query against a
somewhat up-to-date DBpedia endpoint, and get, at a minimum, the
<http://dbpedia.org/ontology/abstract> and
<http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#label> properties. I am currently using
the query:

SELECT * WHERE {
   <http://dbpedia.org/resource/$title> ?rel ?value .
}

where $title is inserted from a list of (currently) 125 articles I am
interested in.
I had been running it against http://dbpedia.org/sparql this past week while I
developed the code, but today saw this thread:
http://answers.semanticweb.com/questions/10204/how-often-dbpedia-is-updated-with-wikipedia-data
and tried changing the endpoint to http://live.dbpedia.org/sparql .
That server appears to be rate-limited or actively anti-automation, as I got a
503 error on the 9th request (the first 8 went through in a second or two).

So, is there a place I can go to, or an API key I can obtain, such that I'd be
able to refresh our Wikipedia abstracts on, say, a daily or weekly basis using
fresh Wikipedia data? Again, it is a very limited set of articles I am
interested in (low hundreds), so the burden on the other end would be fairly
minimal, and I can schedule it to whatever time suits you.

Secondly, another downside is the two live endpoints mentioned in that thread
(the other being http://dbpedia-live.openlinksw.com/sparql) have a different
set of triples from both each other and from the biannual regular DBpedia.
Neither of them include the full abstract that I am interested in.

Contrast:
http://dbpedia.org/sparql?default-graph-uri=http%3A%2F%2Fdbpedia.org&query=SELECT+*+WHERE+%7B+dbpedia%3AGiselle+%3Fp+%3Fo+%7D&format=text%2Fhtml&timeout=0&debug=on

http://live.dbpedia.org/sparql?default-graph-uri=http%3A%2F%2Fdbpedia.org&query=SELECT+*+WHERE+%7B+dbpedia%3AGiselle+%3Fp+%3Fo+%7D&format=text%2Fhtml&timeout=0&debug=on

http://dbpedia-live.openlinksw.com/sparql?default-graph-uri=http%3A%2F%2Fdbpedia.org&query=select+*+where+%7B+dbpedia%3AGiselle+%3Frel+%3Fvalue+%7D&format=text%2Fhtml&CXML_redir_for_subjs=121&CXML_redir_for_hrefs=&timeout=30000&debug=on

Against the very detailed:
http://lod2.openlinksw.com/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdbpedia.org%2Fresource%2FGiselle&p=1&sid=373834&graph=http%3A%2F%2Fdbpedia.org%2Fdata%2FGiselle.xml&lp=2&op=-1&next=&gp=1

(though the lod2 one seems to be lacking in @xml:lang attributes on its
non-English HTML elements!)

Does anyone feel like adding these missing predicates to the live DBpediae?

My third question is, all of the endpoints provide a foaf:primaryTopicOf edge
pointing to the English wikipedia page — surely it should have all languages?
Ideally, I would like links to each of the other language Wikipedia articles
with some tie between the abstract and the wikipedia URL it came from (as
there's not a 1:1 relation between ISO language codes and wikipedia subdomains,
e.g. "Chū-jiân"@nan -> http://zh-min-nan.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ch%C5%AB-ji%C3%A2n
so trying to generate a URI myself using the refs:label + language code will
not always work).
How could this be done, and is anyone willing to do it? TBH I would be happy if
the URIs were merely string literals tagged with the corresponding ISO
language, though that's obviously far from ideal in terms of LOD. Perhaps both
string literals and an array of (untagged) foaf:primaryTopicOf triples would be
good enough.

– Nicholas.