this is the general information on the copy that begins with half-step
(written by noah weiner on the ADT (audience devotional tree):

This recording is a slight mixed bag.  And the good side, it conveys
all the power and raw electric mass of the the Wall of Sound, proving
once again how an outdoor WoS experience is like nothing else.  When
everything is nearly perfect (this is indeed most of the time), it
will thrill on the level of 08-06-74.  On the bad side, we have a
pretty rowdy crowd captured on tape, some wind noise in set one, and
the occasional shifting of mic position.  But what really makes this
a halmark tape for me is how it communicates everything I started
this tree for in the first place.  I need not explain this to y'all
by now.  You're probably smiling already :-).    While we might have
to wade through some of the above mentioned anomilies, the highlight
songs of the show are over the top worth it.

Do you have this SBD already?  If you do, you probably can barely
bring it to mind.  Most folks find this show a bit of a loser.  Well,
let me assure you that's the SBD talking.  A completely flat
recording, without life.  Much like 06-30-73, this show is a
completely different ride in AUD.

Now, a quick look at Deadlists will show that an entire good AUD of
this show circulates.  While I have no doubt it is out there, it
isn't making itself known in the least, let alone as a master
recording.  I've traded for it a few times over the last two years,
and each time it turned out to be 80 - 90% of the old crusty SBD from
back in the day.  Oddly, each digital copy had a different hodge
podge of this *complete* AUD on it.  The bits I did hear, while good,
sort of paled in power to Bill's recording.  I decided to pass on
patching in the bits I did find (though it would have been nice to
have the missing seconds in the set three jam - they were never AUD
on these copies I found), because I never felt I found the "final
draft" of the AUD.  Instinct tells me that by getting Bill's copy out
there, the other master might rear its head after all.  We'll see.

While I traded Bill's copy quite a few times over the years (on
analog, from my cassette copy of the reel), this will be the first
time his reel goes digital.

All I can tell you, is keep an ear out for when the guy
screams "Yeah, do it!" during the early minutes of Truckin'.  That
breif moment, for me, bristles with all the glory of everything
perfect about the audience recording medium itself.  It never fails
to put a huge smile on my face.

I'll will let everyone know when the show is uploaded, as well as how
downloading will work with our current situation.  The branch leaders
who need to get the seed from me, please drop me a line so we can get
rolling.

Enjoy!
Noah

Audience Devotional Tree
Round 7 - January, 2002

GRATEFUL DEAD
Wednesday, July 31, 1974
Dillon Stadium - Hartford, CT
audience recording

AudMC > 7" Reel > DAT > WAV > SHN

Recorded by Bill Degen.  Master cassette lost in fire.
A>D transfer from reel by Noah Weiner ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) April, 2001.

DISC ONE
set one:
missing:
Scarlet Begonias
Me And My Uncle
Brown Eyed Women
Beat It On Down The Line
1 Mississippi Half Step Uptown Toodeloo > 8:06
2 It Must Have Been The Roses 5:09
3 Mexicali Blues 3:20
4 Row Jimmy 8:30
5 Jack Straw 5:03