At 6:35 AM -0400 5/24/02, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>      wasn't the old 8-22-68 alligator  broadcast by gans  # '346  on GDH or
>DDH
>david   should let us know what he was given to broadcast,
>and at that time (right around the release time of 2ftVault) i always felt
>as if this was the unreleased part due to its mix-similarity to 2ftVault  but
>the liner notes on the off.release all put it into blur, and maybe david
>assumed that he was given  a tape from a different show.
>uli

I have been on the road, far away from regular net access (Utah was
lovely, though -- I recommend Mystic Hot Springs for anyone who is
traveling through the state!)

GD Hour #346 was 2/13/70, not 8/22/68.

The only record I have of 8/22/68 is a KPFA broadcast in 1992:

  September 23, 1992

  Robert Hunter lyrics montage

  Morning Dew - Devo, Smooth Noodle Maps

  Bird Song - Garcia (first LP)

  Alligator->
  Caution->
  feedback->
  I Bid You Good Night - 8/22/68 Fillmore West

  Walkin' Blues - Lonnie Pitchford, from Roots of Rhythm & Blues

What I played on that date is all I have of that show.  I got it from
Dick Latvala, a 1/4-track reel he made from Bear's cassettes.

You are, of course, welcome to a copy of this.  I will put it on CD
and send it to whoever wants to put it in play, if it isn't already
out there.

--

     David Gans     [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://www.trufun.com/perfectible
     Truth and Fun, Inc.,  484 Lake Park Ave #102, Oakland CA 94610