@Prof. Bangerth: The upper one where pseudocolor is written, is from VisIt
and deal.II. Below as a reference I showed my results from the C++ code.
Both simulations are done using Q4 quadrilateral elements. There are no
triangular elements here and the meshes are identical. They are
intentionally created for comparison.

Here I show a more refined version, maybe you see the solution more clearly:

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-MZCnAWEEdhc/WJBisRnhlmI/AAAAAAAAAEs/LijBxIpUmgQJ_tZTX6_XHoIQe-WjBqnHwCLcB/s1600/config_force1.png>

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-sxYF_Qo8Gzo/WJBiu0WOp8I/AAAAAAAAAEw/j2bSThlWXGkxwhtVME-4xBEB_ZwoOx3vwCLcB/s1600/config_force2.png>

Additionally, I colored the configurational force arrows from the deal.II
solution to black, so it becomes more visible.

I think I found the last small detail which seemed to be wrong, but am
still not 100 % sure. There is something I don't understand completely.
Surprisingly, the JxW value in deal.II stays the same value like in my C++
code, although the jacobian matrix differs by a factor of 2. Exactly this
factor of 2 was the difference in my previous results. Now as you can see I
get identical results in both approaches.

I also fixed some other problem, namely the storage of my data for each
element separately. Earlier I stored everything in Gauss points only, but
the global vector for the PointHistory was overwritten since I had now
several elements. For a single element it worked like a charm which is why
I didn't recognize it directly. Now I am curious, if this is the best way
to store data in a vector for large number of elements. I think you have
probably some deal.II way of storing data on cells or at least efficiently
in a vector using pointer arithmetics. Is the CellStorageData Jean-Paul
mentioned what I seek? I really don't want to lose the scalability of my
approach since it should be applicable to large problems also.

Kind regards,
S. A. Mohseni