On 03/07/2017 05:31 AM, 'Seyed Ali Mohseni' via deal.II User Group wrote:
Now the funny part is, if I set max_rank manually such as max_rank = 3 for
instance, it works and for the currently owned rank I receive an output within
terminal. Another thing is that MPI_Reduce creates somewhere some big values,
which is why I fixed it by erasing values greater for 1e10.

Seyed -- you need to learn to debug these things. Just ignoring values greater than 1e10 means that you don't understand why these values are there -- but then how can you be sure that the *other* values are correct?

You need to learn strategies to figure these things out. Run the program in a debugger. Print the values that you send to MPI_Reduce and compare what that function returns with what you *expect* it to return, etc. You cannot write software that does what it is supposed to do if you don't understand what it computes. Learning strategies to debug software is the only way you can learn to write good software.

Best
 WB