Dear Seyed Ali,

now I understand better. What you could do is to disable
the phase-field functionality in the program or to
choose G_c very high such that the phase-field will never
be activated. Then you only have the elasticity part
and can compare.

By the way Thomas, if you don't remember me, we already met after your GACM 2015 conference presentation and within the GAMM phase-field workshop :)

Indeed. I did not make the relation ...

Maybe you remember: Back then you already mentioned that h < epsilon to resolve the transition of the phase-field variable. Nevertheless, this is true for the cracked region, but if you have only elastic case the mesh size will not matter. This is just to allow a correct and accurate resolution and regularization of the phase-field crack region.

Yes. This is correct. However, in case you do not know when the
crack starts propagating and phase-field values are going to zero
in the crack region, one has to be cautious with the number of
mesh cells (sufficiently enough), otherwise the relation h < epsilon
will be violated.

But again: even if you only have elasticity and thus do not
need to take care of h < epsilon; too coarse
mesh cells have a huge discretization error and are therefore
NOT accurate and thus questionable in their meaning!

Best regards,

Thomas

Kind regards,
S. A. Mohseni
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "deal.II User Group" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dealii+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:dealii+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.