On 10/15/2017 12:41 PM, Mark Ma wrote:

Now the projection of initial values (rewrite the code by manually assemble the matrix and system_rhs and calculate) run OK, but the time updating of T is not correct, same phenomenon appears. I believe this may arise from the fact that direct using matrix vmult (i.e.

mass_matrix_T.vmult (system_rhs,old_solution_T_cal);

) instead of assembling and distribute_local_to_global again may ignore eliminating the constraint points in matrix or vector, when using constriantMatrix and interporate_boundary_values to apply the boundary condition, I am now checking of this.

So when you visualize the solution, the error is at the boundary but it looks correct in the interior?

Is there a simple way to update the RHS of old value using something simple like vmult?

What is the equation you are trying to implement?