Dear Wolfgang,
I spent some time re-reading the theory and you are right, nothing shows
that the convergence rate should be conserved when we have stabilized equal
order elements. However it is interesting to note that when we use
stabilization and we revert to LBB stable elements (Q2-Q1 for instance) the
right order is recovered.

It seems that Richard was expecting that the order would be conserved
however when PSPG stabilization is used. In our case, at least,I do not
manage to reproduce that (and that is across the usage of two codes using
GLS implementations).