John,

At this point, wouldn't a few words "if you want a simple command line
interface system with networking your finished, skip this step" be very
helpful?

It certainly would give people the answer they need.

There must be a reason that the problem is so much of a problem that people
search out this list to ask this very question.

So why isn't this information of guidance in the installer? It would be of
great help to myself and others.

Finally after all these years we can install Debian on our laptops which
only have WiFi and we know by reading a simple statement that we can skip
the next acquire extra software step and were done.

Obviously, I am not the only one who needs this to be stated.

There is an excellent text browser called lynx that can access most
websites that other text browsers fail to access. The problem is that a
dozen or more times it asks for confirmation to continue. There is a
lynx.conf file circulating informally in blind email lists that someone has
edited all the needed parts of the extremely long lynx.cfg file.

Even for a sighted person that lynx.cfg file is huge and difficult to read
but with a screen reader it's nearly impossible.

The developer has been asked many times to include as an option this
lynx.cfg file to make his program very useful to users of screen readers
and those who are just using text browsers out of preference, but each time
he refuses. It's his program.

It seems silly to me and to everyone who uses lynx to not be given a choice
with the installation.

But things remain as they were.

There should be some place to make suggestions that will help the
accessibility community, even suggestions that will eliminate people asking
the same question.

To me asking the same question means that the same problem still remains
without having been fixed.

Regards,

David