* A J Stiles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-06-14 09:01:29 +0100]:

> On Wednesday 13 June 2007 20:52, C Wakefield wrote:
> > Greetings all.
> >
> > I have a problem with either the nvidia-kernel or the nvidia module m-a
> > compiles.
> >
> > The xorg driver nv works "fine";
>
> Then use that!  Problem solved, and you get to keep your system "i-tal".

I bought a second (and cheap) nvidia-based graphics card to supplement
the nvidia video on the motherboard.  I'd installed the nvidia driver
with no issues, but when I edited xorg.conf and restarted X, the second
card wouldn't come up.  Xorg.log.0 said the card needed a legacy driver.

I puzzled a bit.  Was I going to have to rename the original module and
install the older version?

So I tried the nv driver for the second card, and it worked!  nvidia_drv
on one, and nv_drv on the other.

--
Tux rox!