On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 08:10:13AM +0100, Howard Baker wrote:
> If it's any help to anybody I've found the best method is to remove
> nvidia-glx, run the installer from nvidia.com then reinstall nvidia-glx.

It is always best to avoid 3rd party installer programs at all cost.
They never do anything but cause trouble.  They may appear to be OK at
the time, but sooner or later you will have a disaster from a conflict
with the package management system.

Remember: "Just say no to third party installers." :)

--
Len Sorensen