Hi Robert;
Could you be so kind to provide - at your convenience - some detail on the
commands needed, or give a link? I imagine that umount and mount are needed

I executed the following commands, retaining the output:

1) francesco@gig64:~$ df -h

2) root@gig64:/home/francesco# fdisk -l

3) root@gig64:/home/francesco# cat /etc/fstab

4) # touch /forcefsk followed by # shutdown -h now and by booting again, as
I guess that the partitions should be clean. Has the created file /forcefsk
to be removed to prevent disk checking at any reboot?

The system is warning about low space so that I can't delay a remedy. I do
rarely disk maintenance, so that the little I know flies in part away
between arepar and the next one.

Thanks a lot

francesco