Hi Giacomo:
On the link you provided:

 ext2

If you are using LVM 1 with ext2 as the file system then you can use the
e2fsadm command mentioned earlier to take care of both the file system and
volume resizing as follows:

# umount /home
# e2fsadm -L-1G /dev/myvg/homevol
# mount /home

no mention about ext3, which is the filesystem I use (ext2 only for boot).
In contrast. ext2/ext3 for expanding.

thanks
francesco