Hi,

Samuel Thibault <sthiba...@debian.org> wrote (Sun, 30 Jan 2022 11:16:55 +0100):
> Holger Wansing, le dim. 30 janv. 2022 11:13:03 +0100, a ecrit:
> > Maybe we could backport these changings to bullseye manual too?
> > There is no "bookworm-only" material until now, and we have no bullseye
> > branch for the manual currently, probably it's a good time for that now?
>
> We can do that indeed.

Ok, so I have created a bullseye branch from current HEAD.

I'm not used to the procedere needed now (I asked for some help on this some
time ago regarding tasksel, but got no reaction; and I found no detailed info
in deverloper-reference or the like):
What's needs to happen now?

I cannot do that for installation-guide anyway, but just for learning:
- Upload
        - Uploading to which distribution is controlled by the entry in the
          first line of debian/changelog, right?
          What needs to be used there? "bullseye" - "stable" - ... - ?

- To get that new version included in stable:
  Point Stable Release Manager to that package, via a dedicated bugreport

- Anything else needed?

- Are there any restrictions for such procedere, like: only DDs with full
  upload rights can do that?
  Or could I do that for tasksel for example? Remember, I'm only DM, with
  upload rights for some selected packages (d-i related).

Thanks for help

Holger

--
Holger Wansing <hwans...@mailbox.org>
PGP-Fingerprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076