Package: installation-reports

Debian-installer-version:
http://people.debian.org/cdimage/testing/netinst/i386/daily/sarge-i386-netinst.iso
 08-Feb-2004 13:50
uname -a: unknown
Date: 10. February 2004
Method: boot und installation from image above

Machine: IBM Thinkpad A21m
Processor: PIII 800
Memory: 128 MB
Root Device: /dev/hda3
Root Size/partition table: 9 GB + 256MB swap (/dev/hda2)
Output of lspci: unknown

Base System Installation Checklist:

Initial boot worked:    [O]
Configure network HW:   [E]
Config network:         [E]
Detect CD:              [O]
Load installer modules: [O]
Detect hard drives:     [O]
Partition hard drives:  [O]
Create file systems:    [O]
Mount partitions:       [O]
Install base system:    [O]
Install boot loader:    [E]
Reboot:                 [E]
[O] = OK, [E] = Error (please elaborate below), [ ] = didn't try it

Comments/Problems:

1st:
The Thinkpad has no Network card, the hardware-detection fails… it’s correct. The
installer asks for the correct module for the nic and I selected “none of the above”.
The installer didn´t step to the next option, so I selected manually the next step but
the installer asks permanently for the right module for the nic. It can’t remember
that I have selected “none of the above”.

2nd:
The boot-loader-installation runs without an errormessage, but the /boot directory is
empty and /vmlinuz doesn’t exist.
The point “Finish the installation and reboot” fails, the installer asks me again for
the nic-module.
When I select “reboot system”, the boot process fails, probably because there is no
/vmlinuz.

Kind Regards

Olaf