Martin Michlmayr schrieb:

* Olaf Jäger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2004-02-10 19:22]:

1st: The Thinkpad has no Network card, the hardware-detection
fails? it?s correct. The installer asks for the correct module for
the nic and I selected ?none of the above?. The installer didn´t
step to the next option, so I selected manually the next step but
the installer asks permanently for the right module for the nic. It
can?t remember that I have selected ?none of the above?.

Can you please get a current image from http://gluck.debian.org/cdimage/testing/sarge_d-i/ and see if this works? I think this has been fixed.

2nd: The boot-loader-installation runs without an errormessage, but
the /boot directory is empty and /vmlinuz doesn?t exist. The point
?Finish the installation and reboot? fails, the installer asks me
again for the nic-module. When I select ?reboot system?, the boot
process fails, probably because there is no /vmlinuz.

This should definitely work now; can you confirm?

hi,

now my thinkpad has a nic, so i didn't tested for the reported bug,
and with the new image you told about, all is working now.
thank you so much.

olaf