Hello,

I downloaded a fresh version of the netinst CD-Image for the i386
architecture (dated May 26th 23:22) and performed a fresh installation after
wiping the hard disk and installing a fresh Windows system.

Installation process:
- Spelling of the german words "Wählen" and "für": correct
- Spelling of the german word "Finnisch": correct
- Translation of "keine Tottasten" removed: correct
- All languages starting with a capital letter: not corrected, all languages
but Dvorak are starting with small letters

- Replacment of the word "Empfange" with "Lade" during loading phase of the
debian installer components:not correct, still states the word "Empfange".
During the installation of the base system the same word "Empfange" instead
of "Lade" exists.

- PCMCIA recognition: works correct now, after the PCMCIA card is
automatically configured the installation goes directly on with the
partitioning.

- Translation based problems while partitioning?: correct, no error detected

- Installation of the boot loader includes correctly existing Windows
NTFS-based operating systems: correct

- Timezone configuration - current time of the hardwareclock not duplicate
anymore: correct
- Timezone configuration - German translation regarding the current timezone
easier?: correct, clear and easy to understand now.

- Password setup screens not jumping back to English and afterwards again to
German anymore?: correct

- Password setup (english version) - duplicate sentence "Enter the full name
of the user" removed?: as the screen is now in german it seems to be fixed.

- Umlaut characters during the configuration of console-data now correct?:
not being asked during the configuration this time. (see paragraph additions
below)

- Configuration of Exim4 now error free?: not correct, same errors as
reported still exist.

- The screen that states that the user can login to the login prompt show
correct spelled "Prompt"?: correct

Additions:

(regarding the German Translation) During the network configuration and the
screen for the hostname the second sentence in the screen is wrong: "...,
der Ihr Rechner im Netzwerk identifiziert". It could be replaced with
"...,das Ihren Rechner.." or for example with "..., durch das Ihr Rechner im
Netzwerk identifiziert wird".

(regarding the German Translation) Its a good idea during the password
choice for the root account to state that the password entry is not shown
but I would also state the same sentence during the password choice for the
user account.

(regarding the German Translation) I found one additional thing in the Exim4
configuration, first screen: The last part of the sentence in the second
paragraph "..., kann aber weitgehenden Veränderungen funktionstüchtig
werden." sounds wrong. Something like "...., kann aber durch weitergehende
Veränderungen.." or for example "..., kann aber nach weitergehenden
Veränderungen" might be a better choice.

My PCMCIA network card worked during the network configuration but not after
the first start of the new installed system, so during the initial
configuration. An /etc/init.d/network restart (or stop or start) didn't
work. The computer was the whole time connected to the same network that
provides a DHCP service. This caused the issue that no security updates
could be downloaded and maybe as a side effect the configuration for the
package console-data didn't show up. After restarting the complete system a
second time the network card is available again.

(regarding the German translation) As I could not retrieve security updates
without a working network connection I started apt-setup again after the
network was working again. When I added a source and the apt-database is
updated a screen pops up that states "The Debian package management tool,
apt, is now configured, and can install 13486 packages". The rest of the
screen is in German again. So the first sentence needs to be translated for
example with "Das Debian Paket Management Werkzeug Apt ist nun konfiguriert
und kann dazu genutzt werden 13486 Pakete zu installieren".

As you can see a lot of the issues reported earlier are solved while some
aren't.
Thanks again to all of you for your work.

Kind regards

Thorsten Schaefer