On 19/01/14 18:23, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> I also have to insist that GNOME 3.10+ *needs* a working logind even for
> basic functionality, and that starting with v205, logind *needs* systemd
> as PID 1.

Sorry if this has been already answered, but if that's the opinion of
GNOME maintainers, isn't this okay (starting in jessie or jessie+1)?
Have GNOME depend on logind and indirectly systemd-as-pid1, and just be
unavailable on other init systems.  Much of GNOME would thus become
linux-any and be removed from GNU/kFreeBSD, but there are still other
desktop environments to choose from.

That is, until/unless someone else can provide an alternate
implementation of logind, or whatever else is needed, then it would
become installable/usable again.

Regards,
--
Steven Chamberlain