Hello Joey,

Am 2007-07-13 18:02:18, schrieb Joey Hess:
> Bastian Venthur wrote:
> You should be able to do this on your own system by editing
> /etc/menu-methods/translate_menus.
>
> But.. The Appications menu can already have up to 23 submenus, and already
> grows beyond 10 on many typical systems. Rather and moving it up and so
> having an enormous root menu with 15-30 items, it would be good to
> reduce the number of items already in it closer to 10 via deeper tree
> structure or more reorganisation. Bearing in mind that menu can flatten
> unnecessarily deeper tree structures if the tree is lightly populated.

I have nearly the same problem with 16 submenus in Apps.

But the bigger problem is, that some applications have "titles"
for applications which go over 1/3 of a 1024x768 screen mostly
Openoffice Apps like "Openoffice.org Printer Administration"
where the menu has a width of 372 pixels which is realy annoying.

> > Besides that, from my naive-user's point of view I wonder why my menu
> > has so many redundant entries? Maybe we could get rid of the Debian menu

I have never seen a redunant menu entry since I use "fvwm"
and have over 1400 entries in the Debian Menu System.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSN LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)