Not that I'd consider this package particularly useful, but...

* Benjamin Drung <bdr...@debian.org>, 2011-05-26, 22:49:
Here's the starting point for discussion:

Depends:
build-essential
debhelper
devscripts
gnupg
lintian
dput | dupload
quilt

Agreed.

pbuilder | cowbuilder

Apart from missing initial "sbuild |", this should go to Recommends.

Recommends:
apt-file
autoconf
+ automake (sadly)
+ libtool (even more sadly)
bzr-builddeb (maybe Depends on Ubuntu)
svn-buildpackage
git-buildpackage

Agreed. (Though I don't use bzr-* or git-* stuff.) I'd add documentation packages here: developers-reference, debian-policy.

dh-make

Seriously? Are you, grown-up developers, using it? oO

Recommends or Suggests:
cdbs

The sad truth is that so many packages use cdbs, that is hard to live without it. I'd put it in Recommends.

cmake

Even though I happen to main two (non-KDE-related) packages that build-depends on cmake, I'd say it's exotic enough that should be excluded completely.

--
Jakub Wilk