On 02/15/2014 09:23 PM, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Whenever someone says "I installed pulseaudio and my sound stopped working",
> the right answer is *not* "here are some tools that let you reconfigure
> pulseaudio".  The right answer is "let's figure out how to fix pulseaudio so
> that this doesn't happen".

The problem is that many people who complain about PulseAudio issues
are often prejudiced about it in the first place such that they aren't
actually interested in having the problem fixed but rather just want
to get rid of it and uninstall it. Trying to debug the problem in such
cases is very difficult.

> And to the extent that Debian users are unhappy with pulseaudio as a
> default, it's because others have been trying to blame the user for the
> problems instead of constructively engaging to *fix* pulseaudio.

I think the reservations are mutual. If your attention as a user is
"I'm too lazy to take a second to look into how PulseAudio actually
works and what box I have to check.", you can't expect us on the
other side to be happy to help as well.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz