On 02/16/2014 01:05 PM, Alessio Treglia wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 12:50 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
> <glaub...@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
>> Well, I'm sorry but I would have probably reacted the same. You were not
>> reporting a bug, you were just ranting.
>
>     If you are willing to help, I am willing to cooperate and
>     send you configuration and details about my system.
>
> It is perhaps a matter of sensitivity, definitely it does not sound as
> "ranting" to me though.

Sorry, but no. Re-read his bug report, he was incredibly impolite.
Again, I would have reacted the same way. You reap what you sow.

I happened to watch a FOSDEM talk on exactly that matter yesterday,
I highly recommend it for anyone who participates in open source
communities [1].

Adrian

http://video.fosdem.org/2014/Janson/Saturday/Software_Archaeology_for_Beginners.webm

--