> Looks like it's probably worth uninstalling all of the packagekit
> stuff if you don't want this horrendous anti-feature.

Turns out I had only packagekit itself installed. Shouldn't its
description mention this "horrendous anti-feature"? I couldn't agree
more on the wording. Actually I consider this behavior a very grave bug.
Yes, I can see some reasons for this "feature" but certainly not for it
to be activated automatically and not exactly well documented.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Meskes at (Debian|Postgresql) dot Org