Am Donnerstag, den 07.11.2019, 13:40 +0000 schrieb Thorsten Glaser:

[snip]
> If forcing machine-readable copyright is required for UMEGAYA,
> then I’m sorry to say I will be removing debian/upstream/metadata
> from some of my packages rather.

Why is a machine-readable debian/copyright (DEP5, accepted) mixed with
debian/upstream/metadata (DEP12, just a draft) here?

debian/upstream/metadata is completely optional. This draft has not even been
accepted yet. I see heavy issues making this mandatory. It contains almost only
non-packaging relevant information, which is not really necessary to provide
that package. And the data contained can change at any time.

But if we don't ship the projects license(s) files, debian/copyright IS
mandatory. JFTR: I don't understand why a formalized format of debian/copyright
is that hard to realize.

Regards, Daniel