Sam: This reply is addressed to you, and another to Samuel, then I'll shut up.

On Sat, 2020-02-08 at 08:27 -0500, Sam Hartman wrote:

> I can't speak for anyone else, but yeah I've come to my own conclusions.
> I was fairly open about them:
> https://hartmans.livejournal.com/99395.html
>
> For myself I've concluded that systemd (at least for Linux) is far
> better than anything else out there today.

My question is merely: You believe that systemd is the best solution at the
moment for Linux. Of course your opinion is fully respected. However, there are
a number of Debian Developers, Maintainers and Users that would like to use
something "inferior" like sysvinit, openrc, runit, s6 or Shepherd. These users
are blocked from using these init systems on Debian (they can be used with a lot
of manual intervention but that requires non-trivial knowledge).

I would really like to know what the second part of the sentence "Systemd but we
support exploring alternatives" means.

> Something else might come along tomorrow even better than systemd.

Thank you for your time!