GoodDay Mates,

network connectivity dropping during package download is still there, it
is a major problem, sometimes it works, sometimes not, this used to work
very well.

it will especially annoy new users, so this issue need to be debugged &
fixed!

will also write to SpaceX about it (if it has anything to do with their
setup)

the free version iso seems to have have a network problem during package
download: (after software selection)

https://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=149974&p=743218#p743218
<https://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=149974&p=743218#p743218>

trying non-free now.

tried yesterday and today installing

https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/cu ... 64/iso-cd/
<https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/amd64/iso-cd/>

on Lenovo t440

and the problem is still there... this time it downloaded 1388 packages
of 1491 before grinding to a halt...

  * after software selection (wanted to try the KDE Desktop, being big
    MATE fan for it's simplicity) from the default debian package mirror
    https://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ <https://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/>

it just stops downloading packages after ~100 packages (loses
connectivity) and stays there until timeout[/list]

  * downloading isos via wget from just works fine

best regards

--

mit freundlichem Gruß / best regards

https://www.dwaves.de - enact the web