Am 04.01.2013 15:18, schrieb Ludovic Brenta:
> On Fri, 04 Jan 2013 15:05:46 +0100, Matthias Klose wrote:
>>>
>>> Built-Using records source versions used, not binary versions.  It
>>> needs to be an exact version to tell dak which version of the
>>> referenced source package it should keep.  (And that's the only use
>>> of this field, it does not affect installations or anything else.)
>>
>> but it's not relevant which version is used. The only thing used is
>> the upstream tarball, which doesn't change.
>
> How about packaging this upstream tarball (i.e. gcc-x.y-source)
> independently of all other packages, such that a new upload of gcc-x.y
> does not change gcc-x.y-source?  For one thing, it would avoid wasting
> bandwidth re-uploading the upstream tarball with each upload of gcc-x.y.

the questions is what you are optimizing for. for me it's not bandwidth.  the
cross compiler packages do use the included packaging, so for this use case you
would need another package again, again requiring some extra uploads. for now
I'm even considering merging back gcj into the gcc source package to safe an
extra upload.

  Matthias