Package: linux-cpupower
Version: 6.9.9-1
Followup-For: Bug #894906

As you said, I used to manually run the command when the system had reached the
desktop. Here is a full output in case it helps.

$ sudo cpupower frequency-set -g powersave
Setting cpu: 0
Setting cpu: 1
Following CPUs are offline:
2-3
cpupower set operation was not performed on them

Please note that it is on a 2c/2t system. On the other system that is 2c/4t
there is no such issue, it has worked every time so far (~1 month old
installation of sid). So yea, the "it works for me" claim applies to me too.
And by sometimes, I mean exactly that. Sometimes it works on boot and sometimes
fails to work on boot, so I just restart the service and then it just works.
Don't ask me how often, it is unpredictable. I boot my systems 3-4 times a day
(mainly to do any updates), but I do not keep track of the times it failed, so
I can not identify a pattern.

As for installing, I followed, to the letter, every command mentioned above. I
will try the suggestions and report back. Can I add the missing part of line 20
back? Shall I remove the same part from line 29

p.s. Due to very high temperatures here (13 days in a row as of today Saturday
the 20th), please excuse any delays in testing and replying. Just living in
30+C from 8am to 10pm every day is exhausting by itself :(

-- System Information:
Debian Release: trixie/sid
  APT prefers testing
  APT policy: (990, 'testing'), (500, 'unstable'), (1, 'experimental')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)

Kernel: Linux 6.9.9-amd64 (SMP w/2 CPU threads; PREEMPT)
Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8), LANGUAGE not set
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /usr/bin/dash
Init: systemd (via /run/systemd/system)

Versions of packages linux-cpupower depends on:
ii  libc6         2.38-14
ii  libcap2       1:2.66-5
ii  libcpupower1  6.9.9-1
ii  libpci3       1:3.13.0-1