On Tue, 2018-12-04 at 11:28 -0700, Lou wrote:
> Two observations:
>
> 1. By my count, post "about spam" have generated more clutter than
> the spam I have observed.

Ack.  But maybe this time the outcome will be productive.

> Spam here are noticeably less than on other BB, email list, forums I
> monitor/moderate.

BB == Bulletin Board?  Web based bulletin boards and forums?  That's a
whole other can of worms^Wspam, but is a legitimate problem worth of
attention (have you looked into implementing plugins that support some
of the DBLs that help fight that plague?

> 2. One disadvantages of "zero spam" in a BB/mail-list with world wide
> members is the high prospect of false positives.  The possibility of
> penalizing a contributor based on their ISP or neighborhood would be
> counter productive.

Can you cite an example where a legitimate contributor's email was
blocked based on their ISP or neighborhood where 1) the ISP wasn't
voluntarily listed in the PBL, and 2) the "neighborhood" was not a known
cesspool of spammers?

-Jim P.