Sean Kellogg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Friday 29 February 2008 12:39:58 am Ben Finney wrote:
> I appriciate your attempt to see my perspective. Do you at least see
> why the answer "no" is, at best, incomplete?

In short, no. The answer given is a complete and correct answer to the
question posed.

The situation you present, of working with the Debian project to get a
DD to raise a GR and have a majority of DDs vote a particular way,
doesn't seem to fit the meaning of "compel Debian to [do something]"
at all.

That would be like arguing that, by working with my country's
legislature and convincing the required people to do the required
things, of which all of them have freedom of action to refuse, that I
can "compel the country to accept my law".

So, the question "Is there any way I can compel Debian to accept my
license as free?" remains answerable with "No".

--
 \        “If it ain't bust don't fix it is a very sound principle and |
  `\      remains so despite the fact that I have slavishly ignored it |