On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 7:38 PM, Ben Finney
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:

> This is an appeal to authority: who drafted the license terms, and who
> has okayed them, doesn't have any impact on the facts about the
> effects of the license terms on a work. We're trying to determine the
> effect of the license terms when applied to a work, regardless of who
> wrote the license.

It was not intended an appeal to authority, rather pointing out the severity
of this discussion.

This group's earlier declairation that the GNU FDL is non-free caused a rift
in the community.  Further declaring the AGPLv3 DSFG non-free would widen
that rift and, as this is a software license, will alienate an even larger
segment of the free software community from the Debian project.  This divide
is troubling and the only reason why I resubscribed.