Dear Andreas,

On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 6:18 AM, Andreas Tille <andr...@fam-tille.de> wrote:

> Hi Julien,
>

> > but I understand that you do that from the debian git
> > repositories, right? So if I push a commit tagged 2.3.0 to
> git.debian.org,
> > then you will automatically create a new version of the package, is that
> > correct?
>
> Sorry, no.  You push a tag to github (or whatever repository you might
> use) and uscan will recognise a new version.  It will download the
> according tarball and this tarball will be used as source tarball for
> the next package.

I'm still a bit unclear about that, but let's just get the mentoring and
once I will have done it once, I will know how it works :) I will start by
tagging the release (on biopp.univ-montp2.fr/git/bpp-core).

Many thanks again for your consideration,

Best,

Julien.

--
Julien Y. Dutheil, Ph-D
0 (+49) 6421 178 986

§ Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Biology
Molecular Systems Evolution
Department of Evolutionary Genetics
Plön -- GERMANY

§ Institute of Evolutionary Sciences - Montpellier
University of Montpellier 2 -- FRANCE