Sam,

I do not appreciate your aspersions and I think your hostile attitude is
completely uncalled for. I don't know why me sharing my thoughts on this
subject has triggered you into lashing out.

On Sat, Aug 8, 2020, 19:04 Sam Hartman <hartm...@debian.org> wrote:

> Sometimes that is necessary; some ideas need to be stopped.
>
> I disagree that processing DMs today is such an idea.

You are attributing motivations to me that I do not have. Allow me to
repeat myself, again: I see the question of real-life verification as
central to the issue that was raised. I'm not the first to bring it up. I
do not appreciate your dismissive attitude, it comes across as quite
condescending. Last I checked, everyone in Debian was free to share their
opinions, especially in response to a call for opinions.

To connect the dots more obviously, if there is a consensus that a
contributor's online identity and reputation is sufficient for Debian's
purposes then that answers the original question and clarifies the
project's position on the subject.

I have no intention of continuing pointless quibbling. I have made my
point. If other people agree, great. If they disagree, that's fine too.
Let's just try to be civil and professional, ok?