On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 02:02:38PM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 01:21:22PM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> > * Adrian Bunk ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [040812 12:25]:

> > AFAICS, Jeroen is keeping overall track now.
> > > Since I astonishingly discovered that this task hasn't been completed
> > > for the frozen base packages until now, I'd like to know which member of
> > > the release team is responsible for doing this task?
> >
> > Why do you think this task is not worked on, if you're not subscribed
> > to -release? (And of course, Jeroen is not member of the release team,
> > but I don't care for that as long as the job is done.)
>
> It was announced that "Official security support for sarge begins" and
> the toolchain is in order after "12 August 2004".
>
> If such an easy and clearly RC bug as #237071 which is already fixed in
> unstable isn't adressed in testing until today, something is definitely
> going wrong. And if it was Jeroen's job as you said, he isn't doing it
> properly.

Rather than complaining and posing that people aren't doing their jobs,
and asking "which member of e release team is responsible for doing this
task?", you could _help_ instead.

I made a list of RC bugs that are still unfixed in sarge after they were
fixed for over a month in sid. You would have known that if you
subscribed to this list, but although you apparantly want to question
the release team's quality, you don't.

By the way, it isn't my job to track those bugs. It's indeed an issue,
and you could help by propose a constructive solution and/or produce a
list of relevant RC bugs, like I'm trying to do.

I'll soon generate that list again, but now also with all bugs regarding
frozen packages, as they won't proceed to sarge automatically. And now
that the full freeze comes closer, I'll include the bugs unfixed in
sarge for over 11 days.

> BTW: Who had the idea of including three different versions of GnuTLS in
>      sarge? I'm sure the security team will be happy to support three
>      different versions...

You keep wanting to know who broke/did something, for what? Sue them? It
helps better if you try to look for solutions and/or politely (!) note
the problem to the relevant people (the maintainer(s), for example).

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (also for Jabber & MSN; ICQ: 33944357)