Control: tags -1 + confimred

On Sun, 2024-06-23 at 07:34 +0200, Helmut Grohne wrote:
> The primary reason for doing a stable upload is that login has become
> non-essential in unstable. Thus the default experience of "debvm-
> create
> && debvm-run" which spawns an unstable vm will lack the login package
> and thus result in a respawning getty. That's not a nice default
> experience.
>
> As I go through the pu process, I considered other patches that would
> be
> reasonable to backport.
>  * debvm-run fails hard when TERM happens to be unset.
>  * debvm-create installs a broken resolv.conf for Debian stretch.
>  * debvm-waitssh does not correctly parse --timeout=123.

These look OK, although

>   [ ] *all* changes are documented in the d/changelog
>       Not yet. All changes are documented in git and I intend to run
>       gbp dch at upload time.
>   [*] I reviewed all changes and I approve them
>   [ ] attach debdiff against the package in (old)stable
>       I opted for attaching a git log and hope this also works for
> you,
>       because gives more details for the targeted fixes and contains
>       what will end up in the debian/changelog.

This is a little non-ideal from the review perspective, because it
means we can't actually see what the changelog looks like to confirm
that e.g. the version and distribution are correct.

I'm going to assume that you'll get them correct, so please go ahead.
Note that the window for getting uploads into 12.7 will close at some
point today.

Regards,

Adam