Hi Emilio!

Il 2 luglio 2024 13:13:43 CEST, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort <po...@debian.org> ha
scritto:
>Cool. btw I checked those packages and only these 3 are key packages:
>
>bctoolbox
>libgit2
>rustc
>
>It'd be nice to know if rustc will build if it wasn't for the disk space. Also
>it'd be good to have the other two packages sorted (e.g. with a patch prepared
>or identified) before starting this transition.

bctoolbox switched to using mbedtls 3.x since version 5.3.0, so the package
maintainers would only need to upgrade the package. libgit2 too switched to the
latest mbedtls in version 1.8.0, which is already in experimental. As for
rustc, yeah, I'd need to build on a system with more disk space.

I'm nonetheless at least looking at all the failures and filing bug reports
when necessary. Once I've checked all the packages and the key packages you've
mentioned are ready, I'll go ahead with the transition. I can't NMU fixes since
I'm only a DM, so there's not much I can do if the respective maintainers don't
fix the build failures with mbedtls 3.

If you have any other suggestions, please let me know!

Thanks :)

P.S. formatting is probably off, since I'm replying from my phone. Sorry for
that!