On 02/07/2024 18:43, Andrea Pappacoda wrote:
Hi Emilio!

Il 2 luglio 2024 13:13:43 CEST, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort <po...@debian.org> ha
scritto:
Cool. btw I checked those packages and only these 3 are key packages:

bctoolbox
libgit2
rustc

It'd be nice to know if rustc will build if it wasn't for the disk space. Also
it'd be good to have the other two packages sorted (e.g. with a patch prepared
or identified) before starting this transition.

bctoolbox switched to using mbedtls 3.x since version 5.3.0, so the package
maintainers would only need to upgrade the package. libgit2 too switched to the
latest mbedtls in version 1.8.0, which is already in experimental. As for
rustc, yeah, I'd need to build on a system with more disk space.

I'm nonetheless at least looking at all the failures and filing bug reports
when necessary. Once I've checked all the packages and the key packages you've
mentioned are ready, I'll go ahead with the transition.

Please mail us before proceeding, so that we can check that things are looking good and that there are no conflicting transitions, and we'll give you the go-ahead.

Cheers,
Emilio