Hi,

On 06-08-2024 04:21, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
So I think I managed to find the right combination of packages.
Basically, we need all of
- rust-async-channel
- rust-async-process
- rust-event-listener
- rust-async-broadcast

to migrate together.

Because they break each other, or merely because the test fail?

When triggering with all of these four sources from unstable, I end up with a successful autopkgtest:

Ack, thanks.

How to convey that to britney/debci?

Depending on the answer above, I'll need to manually trigger those jobs, just like you did, but then with britney2 credentials.

Is that something that could be added as a hint by the release team, or does that require adding what Breaks to what package exactly?

Well, to answer that last question the people that know the software need to figure out which package Breaks which package. I can't say from this distance, because I can't distinguish package breakage from test breakage.

I suddenly realize that rust packages are special in Debain. Do the involved packages actually do anything besides providing source? Can other packages actually break due to packages that provide source? I recall rust packages are mostly meant to be used to build Debian packages, and not intended to be used by users. Am I correct in that understanding? Than, what happens if package A would migrate and package B not: would it mean FTBFS in testing of reverse Build-Depends package C until B migrates too? In the latter case, I think package A should have a versioned Breaks on package B in testing.

Paul