Hi,

On 06-08-2024 06:39, Paul Gevers wrote:
On 06-08-2024 04:21, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
So I think I managed to find the right combination of packages.
Basically, we need all of
- rust-async-channel
- rust-async-process
- rust-event-listener
- rust-async-broadcast

to migrate together.

Because they break each other, or merely because the test fail?

Wait, I think I now understand what you tried to say earlier (sorry, it's very exciting at $dayjob and I'm not always as sharp at home as I normally am). Apparently librust-async-io stopped providing librust-async-io-2+default-dev (and others), or something along those lines. I think we're running into limitations of britney2 here where it isn't aware of how to deal with situations where only one package Provides something else during the excuses phase. It's already for a long time on my todo list, but alas.

Under the assumption that the above assessment above is correct, the packages will migrate together because otherwise they become not-installable and the second phase of britney2 protects against that. Let me schedule the tests.

Paul