Hi Niels,

On 28 February 2013 at 20:37, Niels Thykier wrote:
| Hi Dirk,
|
| The fix for #700498 is currently stuck in unstable due to a dependency
| on a versioned dependency on r-base (or an binary built by r-base).  At
| this point we are not ready to accept the changes to r-base for Wheezy.
|   So, I was hoping that we convince you to upload a fix for #700498 to
| testing-proposed-updates.

Sure -- always happy to help the releases.

But could you be a tiny bit more explicit and tell me what you want me to
fix, where I need to upload, etc or I may get this messed.

The changelog doesn't show me what I did wrong:

r-cran-dosnow (1.0.6-2) unstable; urgency=low

  * debian/control: Added r-cran-snow to Depends        (Closes: #700498)

  * debian/control: Set Build-Depends: to current R version
  * debian/control: Set Standards-Version: to current version

 -- Dirk Eddelbuettel <e...@debian.org>  Wed, 13 Feb 2013 09:33:14 -0600

Are you asking for a build under a different R version?  Couldn't you just
make a binary NMU with a different Build-Depends?

We have an informal policy to release r-cran-* packages _for unstable_. So I
always encode the then-current version via Build-Depends. On Feb 13, that
will have been R 2.15.2 aka r-base-core_2.15.2.

"Upstream" for r-cran-dosnow has much weaker requirements. It would probably
build on stable...   but I frankly do not know where to upload to.  The
version in unstable has the correct control file.

Dirk, generally busy

--
Dirk Eddelbuettel | e...@debian.org | http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com