On Monday, 2002-01-14 at 10:31:38 +0100, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
>       I was wondering... could someone write a "How to build VPN's in
> Debian" small documentation for inclusion in the "Debian Security HOWTO"
> (http://www.debian.org/doc/ddp) it could make for a nice chapter in there.
>       Topics to comment about:

>       - FreeSwan
>       - CIPE
>       - Ssh
>       - ...

>       Any volunteer?

Not this one: ENOTUITS. But I'd like to suggest to incorporate
information from http://www.shorewall.net/PPTP.htm and
http://poptop.lineo.com/setup_pptp_server.html on PPTP and
MPPE. At least temporarily until the US vs. Non-US problem
for the kernel and PPP goes away.

I just set up PPTP and the description at the two sites applies
to Debian, too.

Obstacles that should be removed:
1) integrate MPPE in the kernel.
2) patch PPP for MPPE and MSCHAPv2.
3) upgrade PPTP to 1.0.1.

I sincerely hope this can happen soon. Until then, SuSE is ways
easier to set up for PPTP. (Dunno what they deliver in the US,
but here in Germany, they have those patches integrated.)

Lupe Christoph
--
| [EMAIL PROTECTED]       |        http://free.prohosting.com/~lupe |
| I have challenged the entire ISO-9000 quality assurance team to a      |