On Sun, 26 Mar 2000, David wrote:
> /etc/init.d/sendmail stop

i'm not sure, if this is a good idea. what about outgoing mails, that get
delayed (i.e., cannot be sent immediately)? don't they need a running
daemon? of course, they probably would get sent when a new mail is sent,
but this may be ages later ...

i like the idea of denying all incoming packets on port 25.
alternatively you can setup relay/delivery blocking rules in the
sendmail-config. but it's just a question of time, when the next security
hole is found in sendmail, so i prefer low-level-blocking.

> On Sun, Mar 26, 2000 at 01:47:51PM +0200, Srebrenko Sehic wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > Is there a stright forward method of denying _all_ incoming emails with
> > sendmail (v8.8.7)? I need this because sendmail's only purpose is to send
> > and not accept any.
> >
> > I guess I could just block all incoming packets to port 25, but is this a
> > good idea?
> >
> > /Srebrenko

Linux - the last service pack you'll ever need.