    Sebastian> On Sun, 26 Mar 2000, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
    >> i like the idea of denying all incoming packets on port 25.

    Sebastian> why not do it? port 25 is only for incoming mail, so
    Sebastian> block it if you don't need it (that's what you should
    Sebastian> do for all ports you don't need).

I think some programs use port 25 for outgoing mail, too (netscape?
pine? mh?). I seem to remember ages ago, when I first installed qmail,
there were suggestions for how to make pine and mh use sendmail rather
then port 25. This was years ago now, the situation might be different
now. I have purged pine, so can't check.

--
Brian May <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>