On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 23:23:57 -0700 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 23:52:17 -0600 s. keeling wrote:
> > Very true, but it is your box.  I imagine the sendmail package
> > maintainer needs love just like the others.  :-)  Then again, maybe
> > not.  He may just be doing it so he doesn't have to run exim or
> > postfix; I don't know.

I don't know his reasons, but his package is one of the best maintained
ones in the archives. He is very approachable, he acknowledges bugs very
quickly and acts on them asap (the sendmail package in unstable has
been updated 6 times this week). Talk about support...

> Hey, his pet may come back into vogue again, you never know.  These
> things change with the breeze...

What do you mean, "may come back ... again"? I believe sendmail is still
the most widely used MTA on the Internet. It's never "gone away".

--
Carlos Sousa
http://vbc.dyndns.org/